That’s the next question you should be asking yourself. But before asking, the realization is important whether you are sleeping enough or Good Enough.
In our previous article, we talked about how notifications are a big source of distraction & can prevent us to be focused on the task in hand. These notifications come from gadgets like laptop, smartphones & tablets. Let us understand how they can be hazardous to our sleep pattern too.
Smartphones are considered one the biggest technological advancements & yes its good in many ways. Good enough as long as you are controlling them. Are you? What if , the smartphones are controlling your lives – then it’s really bad for your overall development. You can & should use technology to your benefits & not the other way around.
Sleeping is a very integral part of our lives and I won’t be wrong if I say – Daily Life. We all need a set amount of hours of sleep per day, as per our age & it keeps our daily health in check.
Let us see some instances of an improved sleep:
- Your sleep is long & deep
- If you took less time to fall asleep
- Did you wake fewer times during night?
- You felt more energized waking up
Now, if any or all these instances above are not happening with you, then my friend, I am afraid you are “Sleep Deprived”. Think about it – Are all these qualities not of a Good Night Sleep? If not, then you must all refrain from saying “Good Night” to your friends & families.
The Big question, however is – What should you be doing to get some or all of these?
- Reduce your screen time at least an hour before sleeping – which means no phones & laptops, hence no notifications. You can also switch off your TV because the screen light is a massive slow killer – It kills without letting you know.
- Stop sugar intake before sleeping, again an hour would be a good time.
- If you drink, drink reasonably but at least 2 hours before sleep.
- A very important point is to carry out Perceptual activities before sleeping for example, flowering the plants, doing dishes, taking out your pet for a walk, listening to a good music etc.
- Practice Mindfulness for 5 minutes just before sleeping by doing a Breath Meditation.
Bring this into a continuous practice and you will start to see the massive benefits it has to offer & that too for “FREE”.And whenever someone asks you “Are you sleeping enough or Good Enough?” – You have the answer now. Sleep like a Baby!
So,why aren’t you grabbing the offer already?